Areas of implementation: Nagaland, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Maharashtra, Ladakh & Karnataka
Project Donors & Partners: Booking.com
Project Type: Non-government
We are working consistently to identify potential remote villages in the states of Nagaland, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Maharashtra, Ladakh & Karnataka; in order to create model rural ecotourism villages through the implementation of Responsible and Sustainable Tourism strategies. With proper facilitation and capacity building training of the community members, we have been able to promote these identified areas as part of community base responsible tourism for the travellers. This has helped in the generation of alternate livelihood & empowerment among the rural community stakeholders; while providing travelers with a unique cultural travel experiences.
- Identification and creation of 20+ community villages across Indian states
- Impacting more than 2000+ community members socio-economically
- Identification and restoration of 50+ traditional homestays
- 500+ ecofriendly tin dabbas installed as dustbins
- 100+ awareness programs on menstrual hygiene, waste management, environment, sustainability, etc.
- 1000+ women and children empowered
- 1500+ farmers and artisans supported